God, our Creator, we pray:
for new mothers, coming to terms with new responsibility ;
for expectant mothers, wondering and waiting;
for those who are tired, stressed or depressed;
for those who struggle to balance the tasks of work and family;
for those who are unable to feed their children due to poverty;
for those whose children have physical, mental or emotional disabilities;
for those who have children they do not want;
for those who raise children on their own;
for those who have lost a child;
for those who care for the children of others;
for those whose children have left home;
and for those whose desire to be a mother has not been fulfilled.
Bless all mothers, that their love may be deep and tender,
and that they may lead their children to know and do what is good,
living not for themselves alone, but for God and for others.
we thank you for the love of the mothers you have given us,
whose love is so precious that it can never be measured,
whose patience seems to have no end.
May we see your loving hand behind them and guiding them.
We pray for those mothers who fear they will run out of love
or time, or patience.
We ask you to bless them with your own special love.
We ask this in the name of Jesus, our brother.
We thank you for adopting us into your family through the miracle of
your grace, and for calling us to be brothers and sisters to each other.
Today, loving God, we pray for our mothers:
· who cared for us when we were helpless
· who comforted us when we were hurt
· whose love and care we often took for granted. Today we pray for:
· those who are grieving the loss of their mother,
· those who never knew their biological mother, and now yearn for her
· those who have experienced the wonder of an adopted mother's love
· the families separated by war or conflict.
· Lord, give them special blessings.